Texas Lesson Study Facilitator Training
This course provides in-depth training to facilitate Texas Lesson Study with teachers, including all necessary materials. Participants who successfully complete all modules and assessments earn eight continuing professional education (CPE) credits. This course is a prerequisite for submitting Lesson Proposals and videos to TEA for publication.
Classes Startanytime, self-paced
The professional development course is designed to
- provide a thorough understanding of Texas Lesson Study (TXLS) as a process to improve teacher effectiveness,
- prepare participants to effectively facilitate TXLS with groups of teachers,
- provide best practices and examples of facilitation in the field, and
- help maintain the fidelity of implementation and success of TXLS.
The course consists of eight modules that include the following:
- An Overview of Texas Lesson Study: Description of the TXLS program including the benefits of this process
- Getting Started: Information to support setting up a TXLS group
- Phases 1–5 of the TXLS Cycle: Details of the process, facilitator tips, videos, and best practices
- District and Campus Leadership: Information to support TXLS implementation and investment in schools
Participants will earn eight continuing professional education (CPE) credits by fulfilling the following requirements:
- Complete all eight modules, including video interactives, activities, and module quizzes
- Take and pass the final assessment with a score of 80 percent or higher
- Complete the end-of-course survey
View the TXLS promotional video for more information.